You may have heard that cashews are good for you, but have you heard that they can (along with a balanced diet) help keep depression away? Cashews are not only high in minerals like Copper, Zinc, and Magnesium, but they are also high in vitamins such as Vitamin K, Vitamin B6, Vitamin E, Folate, and others.
Niacin and Tryptophan
Two key important nutrients found in cashews are Niacin (B3) and Tryptophan. Niacin and Tryptophan help to stabilize the nervous system, reduce the risk of heart attacks, and prevent anxiety and depression. Two handfuls of cashews have the same therapeutic value as a dose of Prozac…and there is no doubt in my mind that the cashews are better for you. For more information on Niacin and Mental Health, see this web site.
Some Other Health Benefits of Cashews
- Like other nuts, cashews can help fight obesity and gallstones.
- Ensure healthy bones and teeth.
- Produces energy and increases capability of antioxidant defense.
- Reduce the risk of heart disease and diabetes.
Other Sources of Information
- Doctor Yourself – DoctorYourself.com features numerous articles on many, many health issues we in the world are facing today.
- Foodmatters – Foodmatters is a documentary on how we, as a whole, are harming our bodies with improper nutrition. But that the right kind of foods, supplements and detoxification can be used to treat chronic illnesses from depression to heart disease and cancer. Please watch the trailer below and then get yourself a copy of the Foodmatters DVD, your eyes will be opened to the truth and it just might change you or your loved ones’ life.