This steak is so tender and flavorful, even the kids like it. (Which is something, because at least in my house, I know kids and steak don’t usually go well together.) This dish is very easy to make. I think the marinade would also do well with chicken breast instead of beef.
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds grass-fed flank steak (try substituting boneless, skinless chicken breast)
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon McCormick Diced Jalapeno Peppers (these are dried jalapenos, found in the spice aisle, but you could use a fresh jalapeno if you have one)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped (or 2 Tablespoons dried cilantro)
- 1/2 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 Tablespoons lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- smidgen of Stevia Powder (if not on the Healing Diet, you can use 1/2 teaspoon sugar or 1 teaspoon raw honey)
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Place all the ingredients, except steaks, in a large gallon-size Ziploc bag. Close the bag securely, swish the marinade around until completely mixed. Add steaks to the bag, squeeze out extra air, close securely and swirl to coat each steak thoroughly. Place in refrigerator and let marinate for 1-4 hours. The longer you marinate the meat, the tastier and more tender it will be.
Cook steaks outdoors on the grill, or indoors in a grill pan on the stove-top or an electric grill. Cook until they reach the desired done-ness, which should be only a few minutes per side.
To serve, top each steak with some shredded cheese, a little salsa, and dice avocado; don’t forget some Quick & Easy Tasty Black Beans on the side.
Serves 4 to 6.
*Sugar-Free / Grain-Free