These muffins are made with coconut flour, which is high in fiber and protein. You can make them with any berries you wish, or a combination of. Serve these muffins with lots of yummy butter!
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon unrefined salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, melted
- 2/3 cup coconut flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
OR homemade baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon NuNaturals NuStevia™ White Stevia™ Extract Powder
- 1 cup plain, whole milk, yogurt
- 1 cup blueberries (or other berries)
Heat oven to 375°F. Grease a muffin pan with a generous amount of butter or coconut oil, this is very important because the muffins will stick if you don’t.
Beat the eggs with a wire whisk, in a large bowl, until mixed. Whisk in the salt and vanilla. Slowly add the butter in a steady stream, while continuing to whisk.
In another bowl mix together the dry ingredients – coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda, and stevia.
Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and fold in the yogurt to combine. Gently fold the berries into the batter.
Divide the batter among the 12 greased muffin cups. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until done – tops and edges of muffins will be light golden, and a toothpick inserted in center of muffin will come out clean.
Makes 12 muffins.