Wow!!! Can you believe another year is finished? Are you where you want to be in your healthy lifestyle? Well if you want to make changes this is a great time to start. With the start of a new year many make New Year’s resolutions. Do you want to make this year YOUR year of change? Or make a change for your family?
Ok, good let’s get started! First look at what your diet and health has been life for the last 12 months. Before you can make any changes you need to find out where you are and answer some tough questions. Get out some paper and pen or just download these questions, in a few months you can look back at your answers to see the changes.
10 Questions to Help You with Your Health Goals
1. Do you feel healthy? Rate your overall healthy level on a scale from 1-10. How is your energy level, are you tired most of the time?
2. Do you like the way you look in your clothes? Want to lose some weight?
3. Is your skin an even tone or blotchy? Do you have breakouts often?
4. Do you take vitamins? Do you take more drugs than you’d like, (prescription or over the counter)?
5. Where do you or your family eat most meals? Home or Out. Are your meals whole, fresh foods or fast food, boxed instant?
6. Do you understand food and make wise food choices? Do you wish healthy eating easier to understand?
7. When you eat do you feel that you don’t get full, even though you have eaten enough?
8. Do you crave sweets often? Do you feel meals would not be good without bread?
9. How active are you? Would you like to accomplish more in your day?
10. Do you have a goal you want to achieve, but your health has kept you from reaching it?
I know some of these questions maybe hard to answer, but do the best you can. Decide what you really want to achieve for your health over the next month and also over the course of the year. Goals can’t be reached if you don’t have them recorded.
Pick three of the questions above and make them into goals. Let’s take question 5 as an example. Where do you eat most of your meals, (home or out)? Are your meals whole, fresh foods or fast food, boxed instant?
A good goal if you found you eat many processed or boxed foods would be to resolve to make 2 main meals from scratch each week as a start. Or if you eat our too often, make it a goal to eat at home more. Remember, you did not start eating the way you are yesterday, so it is not going to get all straightened out overnight. But if you make one change today and keep with it, you are closer to your goal than you were.
Cooking God’s Way is not going to just leave it there. We are going to help you in your goals by offering sound advice and some unique help that comes from counseling tens of scores of others. We will be writing about how you can step into your goals and make then achievable. Keep up with the articles and send a link to a friend that you know wants to make a change. Don’t forget to sign up with the email list to stay current on what is published on Cooking God’s Way. (Sign-up is at the top of the column to the right.)