Homemade dressings are always so much better. They taste better AND they are a much healthier option. This homemade creamy ranch dressing is no exception. Adjust the spices/seasonings to suit your taste. For a zestier/semi-spicy dressing, I sometimes add a little ground cayenne pepper to the dressing. This dressing can also double as a dip for fresh veggies.
- 1/2 cup homemade mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon each dried dill, parsley, and chives (if using fresh herbs, increase to 1 1/2 tsp. each)
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon each sea salt and white pepper (use black pepper if you can’t find white)
Whisk mayo, sour cream, and buttermilk together in a medium bowl until smooth (I sometimes like to use an immersion blender to get out any lumps, which helps make the dressing extra smooth).
Hand whisk in all spices to combine, tasting/adjusting as you go.
Transfer to a covered container. Before using, let rest in fridge for at least 30-minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
Will last up-to 1 week in refrigerator. (Will last longer if you used the whey in your Homemade Mayonnaise.)
Makes 1 1/2 cups.
*Sugar-Free / Grain-Free