Caesar salad is one of my most favorite salads. I found it impossible to find a dressing in the store that was truly “healthy”. This dressing is sugar-grain free, and makes a great Caesar salad. Just add some cooked chicken breast, romaine lettuce, Parmesan cheese, and some lemon wedges on the side….yummmm!
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic, to taste (the dressing will get stronger tasting as it sits in the fridge)
- 2 anchovy fillets (from a jar packed in olive oil)
- 1 cup homemade mayonnaise (made with stevia on sugar-free diet)
- 1 teaspoon mustard (preferably brown/deli-style or dijon)
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce substitute, optional (do not use on sugar-free diet)
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons lemon juice, to taste
- unrefined sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- raw whole milk OR buttermilk, as needed
With food processor running, drop in the garlic cloves and anchovy fillets to mince. Stop food processor and add the mayonnaise, mustard, soy sauce substitute (if using) and cheese; process until well combined. Add lemon juice 1 Tablespoon at a time until desired taste. Thin dressing with milk or buttermilk to desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper, to taste; processing again to mix in.
Store dressing in a covered container in the refrigerator to let the flavors meld (a couple of hours). Lasts for about 1 week in the refrigerator…will last longer if your homemade mayo has whey in it.
Makes 1 1/2 cups of dressing.
*Sugar-Free / Grain-Free