- Place eggs in single layer in saucepan.
- Cover eggs with at least one inch of cold water over tops of the shells.
- Cover the pan with a lid, bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- As soon as the water comes to a full boil, remove pan from the heat.
- Let stand, covered in pan, for 15 minutes.
- Drain eggs.
- Immediately place eggs in bowl of ice water. (This is important to avoid the green tinge in the yolk.)
- Remove eggs from water when completely cooled.
Serve the eggs right away, sprinkled with a little sea salt; or store in the refrigerator for later. One of my favorite uses for hard-boiled eggs is deviled eggs…..of course